Just as an overview I have one book that is in edits for October release (Any Way You Fight It), one book that my BETA readers are reviewing (Any Way You Plan It) and one book I'm doing the rewrites on for the BETA readers Any Way You Want It.
So here's a look at what my day has looked like in no particular order:
1. I woke up to my pretty new series banner for my series (see it above) so emailed my designer Erin and said thank you.
2. Erin also had a draft paperback cover for me (books 1 and 2 together in a book) so I emailed her about that.
3. Emailed my writing group for feedback on a paper back book cover for a combined Book 1 &2 and to discuss a possible book launch.
4. Did my usual round of the Facebook author groups I belong to or run and commented.
5. Had an email chat with a BETA reader on her thoughts about Any Way You Plan It.
6. Replied to an email from my editor about the edits coming later today.
7. Promoted a book on sale on several FB reader groups.
8. Posted a book cover to Instagram.
9. Lined up paid promo for Alphabet Dating for late October (the book is set during November so that makes sense).
10. Replied to emails from my writing group about paperback cover and launch.
11. Worked out paperback specs for book cover designer - how many pages affects the spine width.
12. Set up a blog tour for Any Way You Fight It myself (running my own this time so emailed bloggers and authors I know).
13. Emailed book covers to author for a blog hop I'm helping run next week - Here Comes the Bride Blog Hop.
14. Set up rafflecopter for the Here Comes the Bride Blog Hop.
15. Wrote author questions for Here Comes the Bride Blog Hop.
16. Received edits for Any Way You Fight It and read through the basic feedback, replied to editor via email.
17. Scheduled some social media.
18. Wrote this blog post.
19. Liaised with blog tour operator about scheduling a Facebook party for Any Way You Want It launch for November.
20. Interacting on my various social media platforms with readers.
Just have a quick look at that list - no writing has taken place yet, and no editing either.
I have set myself the challenge of writing #1000wordsaday as regular readers know and so I still have to do that.
There are things on my list I never will get to today. (I have had to work today, for my actual job, and it's school holidays/vacation here so there are plenty of other distractions too).
Anyway I thought it was an interesting exercise. I know there are plenty of people who wonder what I do all day and I wonder myself where the time goes. It's true some days I clearly do stuff about, and some days I spend a lot of time writing or hours editing or planning.
So if you wonder what a writer's day looks like in the digital age, here's an example.