Today I thought I'd do a twist on my usual Taste of Tuesday feature and interview Serena the main character in Alphabet Dating which will be out next week!
First of all Serena please tell us a little bit about yourself:
Ok, Monique. I'm an ex-pat Australian living in New York. I work as a book reviewer though I am also writing my own novel, very slowly. I also have a crazy bunch of friends who came up with a hair-brained scheme they called The Alphabet Dating Plan. It means I have to go on 26 dates in one month, one for every letter of the alphabet!
1. Do you prefer sweet or savoury foods (i.e. cheese or chocolate)?
Oh definitely savoury! I mean I won't say no to a Tim Tam but give me a cheese plate any day.
2. Red wine or white? (Wine obviously)
Actually I rather like a nice French champagne.
3. Do you have a favourite food memory?
My family and I have lived all over the world so I have lots of amazing food memories but after I had a car accident a few years back I have developed an obsession with soups. I find them nurturing and so comforting.
4. Does food feature in your novel(s)?
Food features quite a bit in Alphabet Dating. It's hard to go on so many dates and not eat! There's also my obsession with soups and a Thanksgiving feast in the book so plenty for the food lovers.
5. What recipe are you sharing with us and why?
I'm sharing a recipe for Carrot Soup. It's super simple, inexpensive and very yummy.
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion diced
3 rashers of bacon, diced
1 teaspoon of dill.
500g carrots, peeled and sliced
250ml chicken stock or veggie
1. Melt butter in saucepan and soften onion slowly.
2. Add bacon and stir till just cooked.
3. Add carrots, dill, s &p.
4. Add stock to cover carrots (if not quite enough add some water). Simmer until carrots soften.
5. Puree in a blender or with a stick blender.
6. Stir through cream.
Alphabet Dating will be out